“Two Shotguns and a Pistol” Robbery Series
Up to $1,000 Reward Offered
February 24, 2017
San Diego County Crime Stoppers along with investigators from the San Diego Police Department’s Robbery Unit and Escondido’s Crimes of Violence Unit are asking for the public’s help in identifying and locating two unknown suspects wanted for a series of commercial armed robberies targeting convenience stores.
On February 6th and 9th, 2017, there were a total of 4 separate armed robberies to convenience stores in both San Diego and Escondido. Investigators believe these cases are related. The suspects entered the businesses armed with shotguns and or a pistol and demanded money from the clerk. The suspects placed the money into backpacks they brought with them. The suspects were seen fleeing the businesses in a black colored four door sedan.
1. 2/6/2017 2:10 a.m., Circle K Mobile 11898 Rancho Bernardo Rd, San Diego
2. 2/6/2017 2:39 a.m., AM/PM 100 La Terraza Blvd, Escondido
3. 2/9/2017 2:20 a.m., Shell Gas Station 9840 Miramar Rd, San Diego
4. 2/9/2017 2:50 a.m., 7-Eleven 10505 San Diego Mission Rd, San Diego
Suspect # 1 is described as a Hispanic male, 20 to 30-years-old, 5’8” to 6’0” tall, 150 to 180 lbs, medium build, dark hair, brown eyes, mustache, wearing dark clothing, a black mask, and red gloves.
Suspect # 2 is described as a Hispanic male, 20-years-old, 5’6” to 5’8” tall, 150 to 180 lbs, wearing black pants, black hooded sweatshirt with a red and black logo on the left chest and white draw strings attached to the hood, black mask, black baseball cap, black shoes with white soles, and black gloves.
Suspects’ Vehicle is described as a black colored four door sedan.
***Photos of the suspects can be found on page 2 of this release. ***
Anyone with information on the identity or location of the suspects is asked to call the SDPD’s Robbery Unit at (619) 531-2299 or the Crime Stoppers anonymous tip line at (888) 580-8477. Crime Stoppers is offering up to a $1,000 reward to anyone with information that leads to an arrest in this case. Anonymous email and text messages can be sent via www.sdcrimestoppers.org.
• Media inquiries about this case can be directed to SDPD Robbery Lt. Eric Hays at (619) 533-5752 or email at email@example.com.
• Media inquiries about Crime Stoppers can be directed to Officer Mark Herring at (619) 531-1500 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.